PROM TIPS FOR TEENS
EVERY YEAR we get calls from parents and students alike asking if we have available cars because the limousine company hired either didn’t show up, broke down or dropped the students off and left them. This is usually because the person who hired the limousine went with the cheapest company. Always check reviews on places like Google, Yelp, WeddingWire (Yes WeddingWire, brides are the toughest critics) and your friends and families.
Prom night is one of the most anticipated nights on the teen calendar. A ride in a limousine to and from the big event can make the night extra-special, and turn the entire event into an extraordinarily memorable and enchanting evening.
BUT, not all transportation companies are created equally. In fact, sometimes, chartering a limo from a poor quality company can ruin the entire night, which is why On The Town Limousines, Inc. offers the following tips for hiring professional and reliable chauffeured transportation.
1. Talk to your friends early! The demand for transportation during the spring season can be overwhelming when so many others are chartering transportation for proms, graduations, and of course weddings. By talking to your friends early and deciding who will be in your limo group means you can book early to get the best selection of vehicles.
2. Allow enough time to take lots of pictures. If you want to have photos of prom night, plan for your friends to meet up for pre-prom at one location (make sure the limo company have the correct address and directions). You can even ask the driver to position the vehicle to be a part of the shot.
3. Bring your I-Pod or mixed CDs. so you will have enough music for the whole ride so that you have the coolest music for the special night!
5. Extend the night – don’t forget the post-prom party! Remember to book your ride for a few extra hours to ensure you have enough time to include your after prom celebrations.
POM TIPS FOR PARENTS
Prom night is one of the most anticipated nights on your teen’s calendar. From the moment your son or daughter find their date, to the moment he or she shows up at the door, every moment needs to count towards making the night both safe and special. Though you may worry about your child staying out late on prom night, hiring a chauffeured car for this most important social event of the year can transform the evening into a memorable, enchanting but most importantly safe time for your teenager – and offering you the peace of mind needed to make it through!
1. Ask the transportation company for the Prom Promise. This is a document that teens sign agreeing not to drink or take drugs on prom night. Many limousine and chauffeured transportation companies offer this contract as a way to help parents address the importance of safety on prom night with their teens.
2.Give the transportation company a curfew. That’s right; the chauffeur will abide by any rules you set forth, and will make sure to pick up and drop off your teens at a designated hour. This is a great way to ensure your teems make it home, on time, no excuses.
3. Set some ground rules. As the parent, you have the right to tell the transportation company what will and will not be tolerated in the vehicle. For example, you can ask that the chauffeur keep the privacy screen down for the entire ride, so that he/she has a full grasp of what your teens are up to. If any of your rules are broken, the chauffeur can turn the car around and bring your teens home. Most reputable limousine companies will tell you how they handle trips with students. We want the students have fun, but most importantly we want them to be SAFE.
4. Remember to sit back and relax. A reputable and legally operated company hires drivers with proper training and licensing. Our drivers all have Maryland Public Service Commission licenses and have undergone criminal background checks. This professionalism helps ensure your teenager’s safety, and your peace of mind. Ask the driver for his name and cell phone number. Reputable companies and responsible drivers will have no problem with giving you the driver contact information.
5. Our staff attends the Annual Limousines Company Training Seminar hosted by the Keeping It SAFE: Under Twenty-One Alcohol Prevention Coalition and The Montgomery County Police Department.